Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Re: [Yasmin_discussions] Science, Technology, Art, POETRY

Dear Vitor, Yasmin and others who have offered their support,

The public writings which I have done can be found principally in three
places:

http://twitter.com/andrewbrouse
http://www.facebook.com/abrouse
http://www.music.mcgill.ca/~brouse/letters/Harper/

I have been using twitter, facebook and e-mail as artistic/poetic media
for the last few years.

It is too early to speculate as to who would have had me tortured for my
writing but I do have some theories. It should be noted that those who
'arrested' me, drugged, tortured and interrogated me were wearing
'generic' Police uniforms and never once indicated who they were working
for but did specifically make mention of things that I had written. It
should be noted that those who treated me at the Granby Hospital
afterwards and the Bromont Police who filed the paperwork with me after
leaving the hospital were impeccable.

thanks to all for your concern and support,

Andrew

--

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010, Vítor Reia-Baptista wrote:

> Hi Andrew.
> What have you written then? Even if we know that policemen are policemen
> everywhere and act like policemen in most of the situtions in almost every
> country, including Canada. And last but not least, science, technology, art,
> poetry and even common sense have many times great difficulties to relate
> with politics or police matters.
> Vítor
>
>
> Citando Andrew Brouse <brouse@music.mcgill.ca>:
>
>> Dear Yasmin,
>>
>> During the night of November 20-21, 2010, I was drugged, tortured and
>> interrogated in a garage at the Police Station in Bromont, Quebec, Canada.
>>
>> I was questioned very aggressively, directly and forcefully about some of
>> the things which I have written.
>>
>> I don't really know how this relates to Science, Technology or Art but
>> that's all I have to say.
>>
>> best,
>> Andrew
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Yasmin_discussions mailing list
>> Yasmin_discussions@estia.media.uoa.gr
>> http://estia.media.uoa.gr/mailman/listinfo/yasmin_discussions
>>
>> Yasmin URL: http://www.media.uoa.gr/yasmin
>>
>> HOW TO SUBSCRIBE: click on the link to the list you wish to subscribe to.
>> In the page that will appear ("info page"), enter e-mail address, name, and
>> password in the fields found further down the page.
>>
>> HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE: on the info page, scroll all the way down and enter
>> your e-mail address in the last field. Enter password if asked. Click on
>> the unsubscribe button on the page that will appear ("options page").
>>
>> HOW TO ENABLE / DISABLE DIGEST MODE: in the options page, find the "Set
>> Digest Mode" option and set it to either on or off.
>>
>>
>
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.
>
>