Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Re: [Yasmin_discussions] Why do Scientists engage in Art-Science practices today?

Dear Scientists Mercado,

asking the question "Why do Scientists engage in Art-Science practices today?" immediately raises the question, am I a scientist? In what sense may some think, I am a scientist?

I guess, I am definiely engaged in art-science practices. That's what I tend to think. But I am wrong. I did, for some while, contribute a bit to computer science (I no longer do). But computer science is no science. It is engineering, if anything. There is, of course, a lot of mathematics in some sub-areas. Is mathematics a science? No, even though it is often considered to be.

Whatever I do (and as whatever it may be qualify to be classified), I do and did it for fun. For myself, my joy, my curiosity, my provocation.

Frieder Nake


--
Frieder Nake
University of Bremen, Informatik
P.O. Box 330 440, 28334 Bremen, Germany
nake@informatik.uni-bremen.de | 0421-218 64485 | @CarlCanary | www.agis.informatik.uni-bremen.de

_______________________________________________
Yasmin_discussions mailing list
Yasmin_discussions@estia.media.uoa.gr
http://estia.media.uoa.gr/mailman/listinfo/yasmin_discussions

Yasmin URL: http://www.media.uoa.gr/yasmin

SBSCRIBE: click on the link to the list you wish to subscribe to. In the page that will appear ("info page"), enter e-mail address, name, and password in the fields found further down the page.
HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE: on the info page, scroll all the way down and enter your e-mail address in the last field. Enter password if asked. Click on the unsubscribe button on the page that will appear ("options page").
TO ENABLE / DISABLE DIGEST MODE: in the options page, find the "Set Digest Mode" option and set it to either on or off.
If you prefer to read the posts on a blog go to http://yasminlist.blogspot.com/